The final nominees for the first Nordic Music Prize were announced lately. Two of Icelandic origin. The leader of the nomination process was journalist Arnar Eggert Thoroddsen, who asked me to participate in the selection for Iceland.
The final choice of nominees was made by a joint Nordic Nomination Committee, the leaders of each national committee & A additional journalist from each country. The 12 nominated albums will be presented for an international jury who in turn will decide the winner of the Nordic Music Prize. The Nordic Music Prize is presented during by:Larm in Oslo the 17-19. February 2011.
The final 12 albums are:
- Dungen – Skit i allt
- Efterklang – Magic Chairs
- First Aid Kit – The big black & the blue
- Frisk Frugt – Dansktoppen møder Burkina Faso i det himmelblå rum hvor solen bor, suite
- Jónsi – Go Do
- Kvelertak – Kvelertak
- Ólöf Arnalds – Innundir skinni
- Paleface Helsinki – Shangri-La
- Robyn – Body talk
- Serena Maneesh – S-M 2: Abyss in B Minor
- Susanne Sundfør – The Brothel
- The Radio Dept. – Clinging to a scheme